Create and Manage Clusters in the Management Console
Note: As of v1.8, Enterprise PKS has been renamed to VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition. Some screenshots in this documentation do not yet reflect the change.
Page last updated:
This section describes how to create clusters in the VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition Management Console on vSphere. Cluster creation in the management console involves the following actions:
- Add users and user groups to VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition, and assign roles to them so that they can create and manage clusters. For information about user management, see Identity Management in the Management Console.
- Set resource quotas to limit the amount of compute power and memory that users can consume. For information about quotas, see Assign Resource Quotas to Users.
- Create network profiles, so that you can customize the networking for different types of cluster. For information about network profiles, see Working with Network Profiles
- When you have set up users and configured network profiles, you can easily Create Clusters in the Management Console, applying network and Kubernetes profiles to the clusters.
- After you create clusters, you can Monitor and Manage Clusters, Nodes, and Namespaces in the Management Console.
You can create Kubernetes clusters in your VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition deployment by using the VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition CLI or by using the VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition Management Console. For information about using the VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition CLI to create clusters, see Creating Clusters.
For information about how to deploy the management console and install Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition, see Install on vSphere with the Management Console.
Please send any feedback you have to email@example.com.