Pivotal Telemetry Collector
This guide describes the Pivotal Telemetry Collector. Topics covered in this guide include Pivotal Telemetry Collector security measures, installation, and configuration.
For information about Telemetry for Pivotal Container Service (PKS), see PKS Telemetry.
Pivotal continuously strives to learn and measure results in order to put customer experience at the forefront of our product decisions. Data and continuous feedback loops shape the way Pivotal builds software.
Pivotal Telemetry Collector is an automated tool that collects data from a series of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) APIs found within a foundation and securely sends that data to Pivotal. The tool collects:
- Configuration data from the Ops Manager API.
- Optional certificate data from the CredHub API.
- Optional app, task and service instance usage data from the Usage Service API.
Pivotal uses this information to do the following:
- Improve its products and services.
- Fix problems.
- Advise customers on how best to deploy and use Pivotal products.
- Provide better customer support.
The Pivotal Telemetry Collector is available for download on Pivotal Network.
To use Pivotal Telemetry Collector, you will need the following:
- A currently supported version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Ops Manager
- Pivotal Telemetry Collector API credentials provided by Pivotal
- The ability to enable egress from the Telemetry Collector to
If you would like to send data to Pivotal via the Telemetry Collector, please reach out to the Pivotal Telemetry team at email@example.com.