Pivotal Telemetry Collector
This guide describes the Pivotal Telemetry Collector. Topics covered in this guide include Pivotal Telemetry Collector security measures, installation, and configuration.
For information about Telemetry for Pivotal Container Service (PKS), see PKS Telemetry.
Pivotal continuously strives to learn and measure results in order to put customer experience at the forefront of our product decisions. Data and continuous feedback loops shape the way Pivotal builds software.
Pivotal Telemetry Collector is an automated tool that collects configuration data from the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Ops Manager API and securely sends that data to Pivotal.
Pivotal uses this information to do the following:
- Improve its products and services.
- Fix problems.
- Advise customers on how best to deploy and use Pivotal products.
- Provide better customer support.
Pivotal is currently providing select customers and partners with early access to Pivotal Telemetry Collector. To sign up for early access, contact your Pivotal account team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To use Pivotal Telemetry Collector, you need the following:
- A currently supported version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Ops Manager
- Pivotal Telemetry Collector API credentials provided by Pivotal
- The ability to enable egress from the Telemetry Collector to
If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns about Pivotal Telemetry Collector, contact the Pivotal Telemetry team at email@example.com.