Pivotal Telemetry Collector
This guide describes Pivotal Telemetry Collector, a stand-alone tool, and light-weight alternative to the Pivotal Telemetry for Ops Manager tile. It can be used manually as a CLI or automated through Concourse. The tool can be configured and automated to share product usage and consumption data with Pivotal so that we can improve our products and services based on insights from real-world usage.
Get your Telemetry API key from the Pivotal contacts that you work with, or by emailing the Pivotal Telemetry team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Pivotal Telemetry Collector from Pivotal Network.
- Agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA) that’s presented at the time of download. This indicates your intent to participate in the Pivotal Telemetry Program.
- Get your Telemetry API key from the Pivotal contacts that you work with, or by emailing the Pivotal Telemetry team at email@example.com.
- Run and configure the Pivotal Telemetry Collector CLI. For guidance, see the Configuration Reference section.
To use Pivotal Telemetry Collector, you will need the following:
- A currently supported version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Ops Manager
- Pivotal Telemetry Collector API credentials provided by Pivotal
- The ability to enable egress from the Telemetry Collector to
Data collected from your environments will be made available to the Pivotal teams that you work with and presented to you through PDF reports. We are iteratively building new ways for you to access your data in the future.
Customer Experience Improvement Program
This product participates in VMware’s Customer Experience Improvement Program (“CEIP”). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html. To join the CEIP for this product please install and accept the terms during installation. To leave the CEIP for this product, uninstall the product.
If you would like to send data to Pivotal via the Telemetry Collector, please reach out to the Pivotal Telemetry team at firstname.lastname@example.org.