Tanzu Service Manager
Warning: Tanzu Service Manager has reached End of General Support (EOGS) and has been withdrawn.
Page last updated:
This topic is an overview of Tanzu Service Manager (TSMGR).
Tanzu Service Manager (TSMGR) is a feature within
VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS for VMs) that enables operators
to provide app developers with access to services through the
These services run on Kubernetes clusters such as those created with Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition
for consumption by TAS for VMs apps.
TSMGR is available to all customers who use TAS for VMs.
For a 3-minute summary, watch Introduction to Tanzu Service Manager below:
TSMGR enables platform operators to:
- Offer ISV and open-source Helm charts as on-demand services to TAS for VMs developers.
TSMGR enables app developers to:
- Provision dedicated service instances onto a Kubernetes cluster through the
- Consume services running on TKGI in apps running on TAS for VMs.
TSMGR includes the following key features:
- A service broker that provisions dedicated service instances into a Kubernetes cluster and binds service instances to TAS for VMs apps.
- A Command Line Interface (CLI) for managing service offerings.
- The ability to create and manage a catalog of services to the
The following table provides version and version-support information about TSMGR:
|Release date||October 9, 2020|
|Compatible TAS for VMs versions||2.10, 2.9, 2.8, 2.7, 2.6, 2.5, and 2.4|
|Compatible TKGI versions||1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, and 1.3|
|Compatible Kubernetes versions||1.18, 1.17, and 1.16|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, and vSphere|
- TAS for VMs Deployment: A running TAS for VMs deployment.
- Kubernetes Cluster: A running Kubernetes cluster. TSMGR supports Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition clusters. For information about TKGI, see Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition.
Dedicated service instances created by TSMGR either provision an IaaS load balancer or use an ingress controller for ingress into each service instance. You cannot use ClusterIP for ingress.
If you have a feature request, questions or information about an issue, send an email to Tanzu Service Manager (TSMGR) Feedback.