Service Backup v18.1.x Release Notes
Release Date: April 25, 2018
- Bump to Golang v1.10.1
There are no known issues for this release.
Release Date: February 21, 2018
- Uses Golang v1.10 in the BOSH Release
Release Date: December 18, 2017
- Outputs an error when uploading a backup to Azure fails
- Updates blobxfer to v1.0.0
- Deleting a deployment with service-backup no longer fails when the service-backup job is in a stopped state
Release Date: December 7, 2017
- Fixes a bug with timeout when trying to stop a service-backup process when a backup is in progress
Release Date: November 2, 2017
- Uses Python v2.7.13, which resolves CVE-2008-4108, CVE-2013-7040, CVE-2014-4616
Release Date: October 16, 2017
- Use Golang v1.8.4 in the BOSH Release
Release Date: October 6, 2017
- Uses Python v3.6.2, which resolves CVEs 159694, 159705, 160254
Release Date: September 22, 2017
- Release distributed with SHA2 checksums only
- Service backup now sends a SIGTERM to any running
backup_executablewhen shutting down. This ensures BOSH can perform lifecycle operations without issue.
Release Date: August 17, 2017
- Log files in
/var/vcap/sys/log/service-backup/*are no longer truncated when the service-backup process restarts via Monit. Pivotal recommends using syslog-migration-release to ensure logs are not lost.
Release Date: July 6, 2017
- You can specify
add_deployment_name_to_backup_path. If set true, deployment name is included in destination path.
- Uses Golang v1.8.3 in the BOSH Release
- Service backup now creates a new S3 bucket even if endpoint_url is an empty string.
- Document service-alerts are in the BOSH release spec.
- When co-locating syslog-migration-release or
syslog-release there would be duplicate log entries,
as service-backup was also writing it’s logs to syslog.
Now ODB only writes logs to
/var/vcap/sys/log, and anything syslog related is handled by syslog-release or syslog-migration-release.
To view the release notes for another product version, select the version from the drop-down list at the top of this page.