Spring Cloud Gateway for VMware Tanzu
Page last updated:
The open-source Spring Cloud Gateway project is an API gateway built on Spring ecosystem projects, including Spring 5, Spring Boot 2, and Project Reactor. It provides an effective solution for routing diverse client requests to APIs and addresses cross-cutting concerns such as security, monitoring and metrics, and resiliency. For more information about the open-source project, see the documentation.
Spring Cloud Gateway for VMware Tanzu automates the deployment of an API gateway service by adding it to the Marketplace, so that developers can use Apps Manager or the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI) tool to deploy their own API gateway based on Spring Cloud Gateway. Binding an app to this new Gateway service instance will provide service instance information to the app’s environment.
Spring Cloud Gateway for VMware Tanzu includes the following key features:
- Addition of a Spring Cloud Gateway app to the Marketplace as a managed service
- Integration of Spring Cloud Gateway service with the VMware Tanzu Application Service container network security model, including Mutual TLS support
- Dynamic application route configuration to enable continuous integration and delivery pipeline API route updates
- Simplified Single Sign-On (SSO) support via Single Sign-On for VMware Tanzu plans and commercial SSO route filters
- Host and domain configuration to define external Gateway URL
- High availability configuration to set number of Gateway instances
- Gateway service instance dashboard to view health and configuration details
- Rate Limiting configurable per API route
- Backup and Restore support
For information about installing and managing Spring Cloud Gateway for VMware Tanzu, see the Operator Guide.
For information about creating and managing Spring Cloud Gateway for VMware Tanzu service instances and using them with client apps, see the Developer Guide.
Each Spring Cloud Gateway for VMware Tanzu service instance requires:
- 1 GB of memory
- 1 GB of CPU
- (If SSO has been enabled) 1 Single Sign-On service instance (created automatically)
The following table provides version and version-support information about Spring Cloud Gateway for VMware Tanzu.
|Release Date||13 October 2021|
|Software Component Version||Spring Cloud Hoxton.SR6|
|Compatible Ops Manager Version(s)||2.6.x and later|
|Compatible VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS) Version(s)||2.6.x and later|
|Supported IaaS||All supported by TAS|
|Backup and Restore SDK||v1.17.1|
|JVM||OpenJDK 1.8.0 .|