Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes
This topic provides an overview of Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes.
Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes orchestrates the deployment lifecycle of streaming and batch data pipelines to Kubernetes. The data pipelines are composed of Spring Cloud Stream or Spring Cloud Task applications. A streaming pipeline DSL and UI make it easy to specify which apps to deploy and how to connect outputs and inputs. The composed task DSL and UI is useful when a series of task applications must be run as a directed graph. It is based on the Spring Cloud Data Flow open source project.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes. The table also provides information about the OSS versions used.
|Release date||October 6, 2020|
|Software component versions:|
|Spring Cloud Data Flow PRO||v1.0.4|
|Spring Cloud Skipper OSS||v2.5.2|
|Composed Task Runner OSS||v2.6.3|
- Operationally simplifies the provisioning of Spring Cloud Data Flow OSS and the ecosystem of projects on Kubernetes
- Includes certified container images for Spring Cloud Data Flow Pro, Spring Cloud Skipper and Composed Task Runner
- Includes image-relocation capabilities for air-gapped deployments
- Includes support for plugging relational-databases, message brokers, and identity providers of choice
- Gives you the option to explore the provisioned software components in a Dev environment, and promoting it to Production
The following section lists limitations of Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes.
This product is compatible with the following Kubernetes release versions:
This product is intended to be used with any Kubernetes distribution. However, given the number of Kubernetes vendors, and configurations, not all of them have been tested with Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes.
See the Preparing to install Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes topic to set up the dependencies required to install Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes.