Install BOSH Backup and Restore
Page last updated:
This topic describes how to install BOSH Backup and Restore (BBR).
Set up your jumpbox with the following settings:
- The jumpbox must be able to communicate with the network that contains your PKS deployment. You can use the Ops Manager VM as your jumpbox.
- The jumpbox must have sufficient space for the backup.
- BBR connects to the VMs at their private IP address, so the jumpbox needs to be in the same network as the deployed VMs. BBR does not support SSH gateways.
- BBR copies the backed-up data from the VMs to the jumpbox, so ensure you have minimal network latency between them to reduce transfer times.
Note: BBR uses SSH to orchestrate the backup of your PKS instances using port 22 by default.
Perform the following steps to transfer the
bbr binary to your jumpbox:
- Download the latest BBR release.
- Change the permissions of
bbrin order to make it executable:
$ chmod a+x bbr
- SCP the binary to your jumpbox:
$ scp LOCAL_PATH_TO_BBR/bbr JUMPBOX_USER/JUMPBOX_ADDRESSIf your jumpbox has access to the internet, you can also SSH into your jumpbox and use
$ ssh JUMPBOX_USER/JUMPBOX_ADDRESS -i YOUR_CERTIFICATE.pem $ wget BBR_RELEASE_URL $ chmod a+x bbr
Please send any feedback you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.