Redis for PCF
This is documentation for the Redis for PCF service tile. This tile can be downloaded from Pivotal Network.
- Describes the features and architecture of Redis for PCF
- Instructs the PCF operator on how to install, configure, maintain and backup Redis for PCF
- Instructs the App developer on how to choose a service plan, create and delete Redis service instances, and bind an app
Redis is an easy to use, high speed key-value store that can be used as a database, cache, and message broker. It supports a range of data structures including strings, lists, hashes, sets, bitmaps, hyperloglogs, and geospatial indexes. It is easy to install and configure and is popular with engineers as a straightforward NoSQL data store. It is used for everything from a quick way to store data for development and testing through to enterprise-scale apps like Twitter.
Redis for PCF packages Redis for easy deployment and operability on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). Redis for PCF can be used as a datastore or cache. Metrics and logging enable operators to monitor Redis health. Operators can configure scheduled backups to a variety of destinations. There are manual backup and restore scripts for individual service instances. New features are regularly introduced. Upgrading Redis for PCF is straightforward and preserves configuration and data.
- Current Redis for PCF details
- Version: v1.8.4
- Release date: July 20, 2017
- Software component version: Redis OSS v3.2.8
- Compatible Ops Manager version: v1.9.0*, v1.10.0*
- Compatible Elastic Runtime version: v1.9.0, v1.10.0
- GCP support? Yes
- vSphere support? Yes
- OpenStack support? Yes
- AWS support? Yes
- Azure support? Yes
- IPsec support? Yes
* Ops Manager versions 1.9+ have support for securing metrics and logs through loggregator with TLS - this is enabled in Redis for PCF 1.8.
Consider the following compatibility information before upgrading Redis for PCF.
For more information, see the Product Version Matrix.
|Ops Manager Version||Supported Upgrades from Imported Redis Installation|
|v1.5.x, v1.6.x||v1.40 – v1.4.3||v1.4.4 – latest v1.4.x|
|v1.5.0 – v1.5.7|
|v1.4.4 – latest v1.4.x||Next v1.4.x – latest v1.4.x|
|v1.5.0 – latest v1.5.x|
|v1.5.0 – latest v1.5.x||Next v1.5.x – latest v1.5.x|
|v1.7.x||v1.5.0 – latest version||v1.5.1 – latest version|
|v1.8.x||v1.5.17 – latest version||v1.6.0 – latest version|
|v1.9.x – latest version||v1.6.0 – latest version||v1.8.0 – latest version|
|v1.10.0 – v1.10.8||v1.7.2 – latest version||v1.8.0 – latest version|
|v1.10.9 – latest version||v1.7.2 – latest version||v1.9.0 – latest version|
|v1.11.x||v1.8.0 – latest version||1.9.0 - latest version|
The following table lists where you can find topics related to the information on this page:
|For more information about…||See…|
|product compatibility||Product Version Matrix|
|a particular version of Redis for PCF||Release Notes|
|how to upgrade Redis for PCF||Upgrading Redis for PCF|
|how to use Redis||Redis Documentation|
Please provide any bugs, feature requests, or questions to the Pivotal Cloud Foundry Feedback list.