VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes] (Beta)
Note: Pivotal Platform is now part of VMware Tanzu. In v0.7 and later, Pivotal RabbitMQ for Kubernetes is named VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes].
Page last updated:
Warning: VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes] is currently in beta and is intended for evaluation and test purposes only. Do not use this product in a production environment.
VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes] is a Kubernetes Operator that automates provisioning, managing, and operating RabbitMQ clusters running on Kubernetes.
Kubernetes Operators are software extensions to Kubernetes that make use of custom resources to manage apps and their components. For general information about Operators, see the Kubernetes documentation.
VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes] provides a consistent and easy way to deploy RabbitMQ clusters to Kubernetes and manage their lifecycle. RabbitMQ clusters can be accessed by apps running on Kubernetes, VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMs (TAS for VMs), or elsewhere.
When combined with TAS for VMs, VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes] enables you to create and
bind RabbitMQ clusters with single commands.
cf create-service to create RabbitMQ clusters
cf bind-service to bind them to a TAS for VMs-deployed app.
VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes] includes the following key features:
- Provisioning of single-node and three-node RabbitMQ clusters
- Automatic reconciliation of deployed clusters whenever their actual state does not match the expected state
- Monitoring of RabbitMQ clusters through Prometheus and Grafana For more information, see the Prometheus and Grafana documentation.
Automated upgrades of RabbitMQ clusters, another key feature, is planned for a later update.
The following table provides version and version-support information about VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes].
|Release date||March 27, 2020|
|Software component version||RabbitMQ OSS 3.8.3|
The following section lists limitations of VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes].
- This product is currently in beta. VMware does not provide commercial support.
- This product is intended to be used with any Kubernetes distribution. However, given the number of Kubernetes vendors, versions, and configurations, not all of them have been tested with VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes].
- Product upgrades are not supported. If you want to test a newer version, delete the previous version first.
Some properties are not reconciled currently (changing them in an existing cluster has no effect). All properties should be reconciled in the next version.
If you delete
Secret objects, they will not be recreated by the Operator. You must manually re-create the secret or delete and re-create the cluster.
If you have a feature request, questions, or information about an issue, please email VMware Tanzu RabbitMQ [Kubernetes] Feedback.