PAS Developer Guide
Page last updated:
The topics in this subsection serve as a guide for Pivotal Application Service (PAS) developers. They explain how to develop, run, and manage apps on PAS.
Developing, running, and managing apps on PAS may include:
Deploying and scaling apps with diverse languages, frameworks, and dependencies
Finding software services in the services marketplace, such as databases, email, or message servers
Creating your own PAS service based on an external server
Creating service instances and binding them to your apps
Streaming app logs to an external log management service
Troubleshooting app deployment and health
If you do these things, you are a PAS Developer, and the contents of this guide are for you.
Deploying Apps - Deploying and managing apps on Linux or Windows Diego Cells or Docker containers.
- Considerations for Designing and Running an App in the Cloud
- Pushing an App
- Deploying .NET Apps
- Deploying a Large App
- Deploying an App with Docker
- Starting, Restarting, and Restaging Apps
- App Container Lifecycle
- Deploying with App Manifests
- Running Tasks
- Scaling an App Using cf scale
- Using Blue-Green Deployment to Reduce Downtime and Risk
- Routes and Domains
- PAS Environment Variables
- Trusted System Certificates
Services - Using software services from your apps.
Using Apps Manager - A dashboard for managing apps, services, and PAS user accounts.
- Getting Started with Apps Manager
- Managing Orgs and Spaces Using Apps Manager
- Managing User Roles with Apps Manager
- Managing Apps and Service Instances Using Apps Manager
- Viewing ASGs in Apps Manager
- Configuring Spring Boot Actuator Endpoints for Apps Manager
- Using Spring Boot Actuator Endpoints with Apps Manager
App Logging in Cloud Foundry - Outputting and processing app logs.
Buildpacks - Language-specific packaging that compiles and builds apps and all dependencies to run in the cloud.
Troubleshooting App Deployment and Health - Tools and techniques for monitoring app health and logging into apps and service instances.
Pivotal Platform Dev - A lightweight PAS that runs on your workstation, for developing apps locally.
Cloud Controller API Client Libraries - Libraries for calling the Cloud Controller, the executive component of PAS, programmatically.
Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI) - A CLI for calling the Cloud Controller, the executive component of PAS, interactively.