Pivotal Platform Operator Guide
This guide shows you how to run a Pivotal Platform platform. This ongoing responsibility may include but is not limited to:
- Configuring Pivotal Platform capabilities
- Integrating Pivotal Platform with external systems
- Updating Pivotal Platform and installed products
- Monitoring Pivotal Platform health and performance
- Adjusting Pivotal Platform resources and options to fix health or performance issues
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting Pivotal Platform problems
- Managing Pivotal Application Service (PAS) users, resources, and infrastructure
- Installing software services and otherwise enabling Pivotal Platform developers
- Maintaining Pivotal Platform
- Keeping Pivotal Platform secure
If you do these things, you are a Pivotal Platform operator, and the contents of this guide are for you.
Day 2 Configurations - Setting up internal operations and external integrations for Pivotal Platform.
Ongoing Operations - Routine procedures for running and growing the platform, including:
- Pivotal Platform Upgrades
- IaaS changes
- Monitoring, logging, and reporting
- Platform tuning
- Enabling developers
- Backing up
Managing PAS Runtimes: Procedures performed by people with administrator or manager roles in PAS, such as managing users, orgs, spaces, and service instances. Operators can perform these actions by logging in with Admin credentials, which grants them the role of Org Manager across all PAS orgs. For more information, see Logging In to Apps Manager.
Using Ops Manager: The Ops Manager dashboard interface streamlines the installation, configuration, and upgrading of Pivotal Platform platform services and add-ons.
Using the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI): Using the cf CLI to send commands to the Cloud Controller, the executive component of PAS.
Troubleshooting and Diagnostics: Tools and procedures for troubleshooting Pivotal Platform.