Prerequisites for Enterprise PKS Management Console Deployment
Page last updated:
VMware Enterprise PKS Management Console is provided as an OVA template that requires at a minimum the vSphere resources described in Virtual Infrastructure Prerequisites.
Enterprise PKS Management Console provides 3 network configuration options for your Enterprise PKS deployments. Each network configuration option has specific prerequisites.
- Bring your own topology: Deploy Enterprise PKS to an existing NSX-T Data Center network that you have fully configured yourself. See Prerequisites for a Bring Your Own Topology Deployment to NSX-T Data Center.
- Automated NAT deployment: Deploy Enterprise PKS to an existing NSX-T Data Center network that you have not fully set up, that Enterprise PKS Management Console helps to configure for you. See Prerequisites for an Automated NAT Deployment to NSX-T Data Center.
- Flannel: Deploy Enterprise PKS to a Flannel network that Enterprise PKS Management Console provisions for you. See Prerequisites for a Flannel Network.
For the list of firewall ports that must be open for an Enterprise PKS Management Console deployment, see Firewall Ports and Protocols Requirements for Enterprise PKS Management Console.
When your environment meets the prerequisites for vSphere and for your chosen type of networking, you can Deploy the Enterprise PKS Management Console Appliance.
Enterprise PKS Management Console greatly simplifies the process of deploying Enterprise PKS, especially in less complex environments. However, if you require more flexibility in in configuring your deployment, especially in complex NSX-T Data Center deployments, it might be more appropriate to perform the installation manually. For information about the supported topologies for a manual installation, see NSX-T Deployment Topologies for Enterprise PKS.
Before using Enterprise PKS Management Console to deploy Enterprise PKS, consider the following factors:
- If you want to deploy Enterprise PKS Management Console to a No-NAT topology with an NSX-T Data Center logical switch, you must perform a BYOT deployment.
- Deployments to a Multi-Tier-0 topology are supported in BYOT deployments only and require additional configuration. For information about the additional configuration required, see Enterprise PKS Management Console Cannot Retrieve Cluster Data in a Multi-Tier0 Topology in Troubleshooting Enterprise PKS Management Console.
- Deployments to a No-NAT topology with a vSphere Standard Switch or a vSphere Distributed Switch are not supported in any case.
- Multi-Foundation deployments are not supported in any case.
Please send any feedback you have to email@example.com.