Backing up and Restoring Enterprise PKS
Page last updated:
This section describes how to back up and restore the VMware Enterprise PKS control plane and Enterprise PKS clusters. Enterprise PKS uses the Cloud Foundry BOSH Backup and Restore (BBR) framework to back up and restore the PKS control plane and clusters. For more information, see BOSH Backup and Restore.
BBR orchestrates triggering the backup or restore process on the BOSH deployment, and transfers the backup artifacts to and from the BOSH deployment.
BBR can back up the following components:
- BOSH Director
- Enterprise PKS control plane UAA MySQL database
- Enterprise PKS control plane PKS API MySQL database
- Enterprise PKS cluster data, from the clusters’ ETCD databases
BBR cannot back up the following components:
- Harbor tile
- Persistent volumes attached to nodes
- Network resources. For example, load balancers to the cluster.
Warning: BBR is not validated for backing up vSphere with NSX-T Objects.
For more information about installing and using BBR, see the following topics:
- Installing BOSH Backup and Restore
- Backing up Enterprise PKS
- Restore the BOSH Director
- Restore the Enterprise PKS Control Plane
- Restore Enterprise PKS Clusters
For information about troubleshooting BBR, see BBR Logging.
Please send any feedback you have to email@example.com.