Backing up and Restoring Enterprise PKS
Page last updated:
Warning: Pivotal Container Service (PKS)
v1.5 is no longer supported because it has reached the End
of General Support (EOGS) phase as defined by the
Support Lifecycle Policy.
To stay up to date with the latest software and security updates, upgrade to a supported version.
This section describes how to back up and restore the Enterprise Pivotal Container Service (Enterprise PKS) control plane and Enterprise PKS clusters. Enterprise PKS uses the Cloud Foundry BOSH Backup and Restore framework to back up and restore the PKS control plane and clusters.
BBR backs up the following PKS control plane components:
- UAA MySQL database
- PKS API MySQL database
BBR backs up the following cluster components:
- etcd database
BBR orchestrates triggering the backup or restore process on the BOSH deployment, and transfers the backup artifacts to and from the BOSH deployment.
For more information about installing and using BBR, see the following topics:
- Installing BOSH Backup and Restore
- Backing up Enterprise PKS
- Restore the BOSH Director
- Restore the Enterprise PKS Control Plane
- Restore Enterprise PKS Clusters
For information about troubleshooting BBR, see BBR Logging.
If you are using vSphere to run Enterprise PKS, also see:
- Overview of Backup and Restore options in vCenter Server 6.x (2149237) in the VMware documentation
- Backing Up and Restoring the NSX Manager in the VMware documentation
Please send any feedback you have to email@example.com.