PAS Developer Guide
This guide shows you how to develop, run, and manage apps on Pivotal Application Service (PAS). Doing this may include:
- Deploying and scaling apps with diverse languages, frameworks, and dependencies
- Finding software services in the services marketplace, such as databases, email, or message servers
- Creating your own Cloud Foundry service based on an external server
- Creating service instances and binding them to your apps
- Streaming app logs to an external log management service
- Troubleshooting app deployment and health
If you do these things, you are a PAS Developer, and the contents of this guide are for you.
Deploying Applications - Deploying and managing apps on Linux or Windows cells or Docker containers.
- Considerations for Designing and Running an Application in the Cloud
- Pushing an App
- Deploying .NET Apps to Windows Cells
- Deploying a Large Application
- Deploying an App with Docker
- Starting, Restarting, and Restaging Applications
- Application Container Lifecycle
- Deploying with Application Manifests
- Running Tasks
- Scaling an Application Using cf scale
- Using Blue-Green Deployment to Reduce Downtime and Risk
- Routes and Domains
- Cloud Foundry Environment Variables
- Trusted System Certificates
Services - Using software services from your apps.
- Services Overview
- Managing Service Instances
- Managing Service Keys
- User-Provided Service Instances
- Manage Application Requests with Route Services
- Binding Credentials
- Configuring Play Framework Service Connections
- Delivering Service Credentials to an Application
- Using an External Filesystem (Volume Services)
Using Apps Manager - A dashboard for managing apps, services, and PAS user accounts.
- Getting Started with Apps Manager
- Managing Orgs and Spaces Using Apps Manager
- Managing User Roles with Apps Manager
- Managing Apps and Service Instances Using Apps Manager
- Viewing ASGs in Apps Manager
- Configuring Spring Boot Actuator Endpoints for Apps Manager
- Using Spring Boot Actuator Endpoints with Apps Manager
Application Logging in Cloud Foundry - Outputting and processing app logs.
- Overview of the Loggregator System
- Application Log Streaming
- Streaming Application Logs to Log Management Services
- Service-Specific Instructions for Streaming Application Logs
- Streaming Application Logs to Splunk
- Streaming Application Logs with Fluentd
- Streaming Application Logs to Azure OMS Log Analytics
- Installing the Loggregator Plugin for cf CLI
Buildpacks - Language-specific packaging that compiles and builds apps and all dependencies to run in the cloud.
Troubleshooting Application Deployment and Health - Tools and techniques for monitoring app health and logging into apps and service instances.
PCF Dev - A lightweight PAS that runs on your workstation, for developing apps locally.
Cloud Controller API Client Libraries - Libraries for calling the Cloud Controller, the executive component of PAS, programmatically.
Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI) - A CLI for calling the Cloud Controller, the executive component of PAS, interactively.