PCF Operator Guide
Page last updated:
This guide shows you how to run a PCF platform. This ongoing responsibility may include but is not limited to:
- Configuring PCF capabilities
- Integrating PCF with external systems
- Updating PCF and installed products
- Monitoring PCF health and performance
- Adjusting PCF resources and options to fix health or performance issues
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting PCF problems
- Managing Pivotal Application Service (PAS) users, resources, and infrastructure
- Installing software services and otherwise enabling PCF developers
- Maintaining PCF
- Keeping PCF secure
If you do these things, you are a PCF operator, and the contents of this guide are for you.
Day 2 Configurations - Setting up internal operations and external integrations for PCF.
Ongoing Operations - Routine procedures for running and growing the platform, including:
- PCF Upgrades
- IaaS Changes
- Monitoring, Logging, and Reporting
- Platform Tuning
- Enabling Developers
- Backing Up
Managing PAS Runtimes - Procedures performed by people with administrator or manager roles in Pivotal Application Service (PAS), such as managing users, orgs, spaces, and service instances. Operators can perform these actions by logging in with Admin credentials, which grants them the role of Org Manager across all PAS orgs.
Using Ops Manager - Ops Manager’s dashboard interface streamlines the installation, configuration, and upgrading of PCF platform services and add-ons.
Using the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI) - Using the cf CLI to send commands to the Cloud Controller, the executive component of PAS.
Troubleshooting and Diagnostics - Tools and procedures for troubleshooting PCF.