Pivotal Application Service for Windows
Pivotal Application Service (PAS) for Windows enables operators to provision, operate, and manage Windows cells on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
After operators install the PAS for Windows tile on the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard, developers can push .NET applications to Windows cells using the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI).
For the PAS for Windows release notes, see the PAS for Windows v2.5 Release Notes topic.
To install the PAS for Windows tile, you must have the following:
Ops Manager v2.5 and PAS v2.5 deployed to vSphere, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Azure
A Windows stemcell, which you can obtain by following the directions in Downloading or Creating Windows Stemcells
The minimum resource requirements for each Windows cell are as follows:
Disk size: 64 GB (100 GB recommended)
Memory: 16 GB
PAS for Windows has the following limitations:
- Developers cannot push Docker or other OCI-compatible images to Windows Diego cells.
- Container-to-container networking is not available for Windows-hosted applications.
- OpenStack is currently not supported for PAS for Windows. Contact your Pivotal representative for information about OpenStack deployments.
- SMB is supported, but Volume Services is not supported.
- Due to Known Issue #244 in Windows Server OS, applications hosted on PAS for Windows cannot route traffic when deployed with the IPsec add-on for PCF.