Stemcell v2019.x (Windows Server version 2019) Release Notes
This topic includes release notes for Windows stemcells used with Pivotal Application Service for Windows (PASW) v2.5 and v2.6.
The stemcell is based on Windows Server, version 2019.
To download a stemcell, see Stemcells for PCF (Windows) on Pivotal Network.
Release Date: July 1, 2019
- Key improvements in stembuild with features such as SSH enable-by-default for deployed Windows VMs on vSphere and security fixes.
- Enabled the Hyper-V Windows feature for enabling Windows in PKS and NSX-T compatibility with Windows teams.
Release Date: June 19, 2019
- Includes Microsoft Security Updates June 11, 2019—KB4503327
- Introduces 188.8.131.52 (L1) and 1.1.1 (L1) CIS L1 policy hardenings based on the CIS Security Benchmark.
Release Date: May 30, 2019
- Based on Microsoft’s guidance, additional fixes to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities
Release Date: May 22, 2019
- Platform Engineers can deploy Windows Stemcells on a BOSH Director with Google Cloud Storage as their external Blobstore.
- Improved Troubleshooting of Windows VMs, with ssh enabled by default for all Windows VMs. You can still disable SSH in the PASW tile.
- Includes Microsoft Security Updates to protect against Microarchitectural Data Sampling side-channel vulnerabilities. For more information, see May 14, 2019—KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) in the Windows support documentation.
Release Date: April 25, 2019
- This is the first 2019 stemcell.
- Includes Microsoft Security Updates Patch Tuesday April 2019