Managing Orgs and Spaces Using Apps Manager
Page last updated:
This topic discusses how to view and manage orgs and spaces in Apps Manager.
Note: To manage a space, you must have Space Manager permissions in that space.
To perform the following steps, you must first log in to Apps Manager with an account that has adequate permissions. See the Understanding Permissions topic for more information.
The following sections describe how to manage your orgs using the org management interface in Apps Manager. You can navigate to your org from the Home page or through the global search.
For details about each tab in the org page, see the following sections.
In the Spaces tab, you can do the following:
- See the following information for each space:
- Number of apps
- Number of apps in running, stopped, and crashed states
- Number of services
- Memory quota usage
- Create a new space
In the Domains tab, you can do the following:
See each Domain in your org.
See the Type associated with each domain. A type is either Globally Shared or Privately Shared. For more information about globally and locally shared domains, see Shared Domains and Private Domains .
Delete a domain by clicking the vertical three-dot icon and selecting Delete. You must have permission to manage the domain to delete it.
Create a new private domain by clicking Add a Domain. You must have Org Manager permissions to create a private domain.
Note: To create globally shared domains, you must have Admin permissions and use the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI). For more information, see Create a Shared Domain.
See the following screenshot for an example Domains interface with Org Manager permissions:
In the Members tab, you can do the following:
- See member email addresses
- Toggle member permissions
- Remove member from org
- Invite a new member
In the Settings tab, you can do the following:
- Change the org name
- See spaces assigned to isolation segments. For more information, see Isolation Segments.
- Delete the org. You must have admin permissions to delete an org.
The space page displays the apps, service instances, and routes associated with the selected space.
The Apps tab shows the Status, the Name, the number of Instances, the amount of Memory available, the time since the Last Push, and the Route for each app.
The Services list shows the Service, the Name, the number of Bound Apps, and the Plan for each service instance. If you want to add a service to your space, click Add Service. For more information about configuring services, see the Services Overview topic.
From the Routes tab, you can view and delete routes associated with your space. For each Route, the tab shows Route Service and Bound Apps. Refer to the Route Services topic to learn more about route services.
From the Settings tab, you can do the following:
- Modify the space name by entering a new name and clicking Update.
- View the Application Security Groups (ASGs) associated with the space in the Security Groups section.
- View the space’s isolation segment assignment in the Isolation Segment Assignment section. For more information, see Isolation Segments.
- Delete the space by clicking Delete Space.