Pivotal Application Service for Windows
Pivotal Application Service (PAS) for Windows enables operators to provision, operate, and manage Windows cells on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
After operators install the PAS for Windows tile on the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard, developers can push .NET applications to Windows cells using the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI).
For more information about how PAS for Windows works, see the Product Architecture topic.
For information about deploying .NET apps to PAS for Windows, see the Tips for .NET Developers topic.
For the PAS for Windows release notes, see the PAS for Windows v2.3 Release Notes topic.
To install the PAS for Windows tile, you must have the following:
Ops Manager v2.3 or later and PAS v2.3 or later deployed to vSphere, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure.
A Windows stemcell, which you can obtain by following the directions in Downloading or Creating Windows Stemcells.
The minimum resource requirements for each Windows cell are as follows:
Disk size: 64 GB (100 GB recommended)
Memory: 16 GB
PAS for Windows has the following limitations:
- Developers cannot push Docker or other OCI-compatible images to Windows Diego cells.
- Container-to-container networking is not yet available for Windows-hosted applications.
- Volume Services are not yet available for Windows-hosted applications.
- OpenStack is currently not supported for PASW. Contact your Pivotal representative for information on OpenStack deployments.
- Due to a known issue in Windows Server OS, applications hosted on PAS for Windows cannot route traffic when deployed with the IPsec add-on for PCF.