Stemcell v1803.x (Windows Server version 1803) Release Notes
This topic includes release notes for Windows stemcells used with Pivotal Application Service for Windows (PASW) v2.3.
The stemcell is based on Windows Server, version 1803.
To download a stemcell, see Stemcells for PCF (Windows) on Pivotal Network.
Release Date: January 24, 2019
- [Patches] Included January Patch Tuesday Microsoft Security Updates.
- Added fix for mitigating CVE-2018-3639.
Release Date: December 24, 2018
- [Patches] Included December Patch Tuesday Microsoft Security Updates.
- Added the BOSH API version in the stemcell to surface more information about the compatibility of the stemcell with BOSH.
- BOSH release job symlinks were not getting cleaned up when a target folder was removed. This issue is resolved.
Release Date: November 28, 2018
- [Security] Disabled use of TLS 1.0 by SSL/TLS server and client.
- [Security] Disabled RC4.
- [Security] Disabled triple-DES cipher to mitigate against Sweet32: Birthday attacks on 64-bit block ciphers in TLS.
- [Patches] Intended for use with November Patch Tuesday Microsoft Security Updates.
- [New IaaS Support] Added support for AWS GovCloud.
Release Date: October 30, 2018
- Intended for use with October 2018 Microsoft Security Updates.
- Disables RDP by default to improve security of the 1803 stemcells. You can still enable RDP through the PASW Tile Configuration.
- Intermittent “Access denied” errors occur during the compilation phase of PASW deployments. We have added a fix to potentially resolve them.
- Fixed the Ephemeral Disk Provisioning for Azure enabling compatibility of PASW’s ephemeral disk functionality with OpsMgr on Azure.
- For Google Cloud Platform (GCP) users, a bug in PASW causes outbound connections from applications deployed on PASW with this stemcell version to fail. The resolution will come in patch versions of PASW v2.1, v2.2 and v2.3.
Release Date: October 1, 2018
- Includes ephemeral disk support. This enables you to configure the size of your Windows cells in the PASW tile. For more information, see the Configure Tile Resources section in Installing and Configuring PAS for Windows. This also allows you to reduce your root disk to a minimum of 30 GB.
- Intended for use with the September 2018 Microsoft Security Updates.
- Previously, the
os_versionargument was mandatory during the
Invoke-Sysprepstep. The OS is now detected by default, and the
os_versionargument is optional.
Release Date: September 24, 2018
- This is the first 1803 stemcell.
- Intended for use with the August 2018 Microsoft Security Updates.
- Includes an important Microsoft Security Update that provides protections against a new speculative execution side-channel vulnerability known as L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF). For more information, see Windows Support.
- Compatible with the latest stable OpenSSH version,
- The v1803.1 Windows stemcell does not support ephemeral disks. Support for ephemeral disks is expected in v1803.2. This enables you to configure the size of your Windows cells in the PAS for Windows tile. For more information, see Step 4: Configure Tile Resources of Installing and Configuring PAS for Windows.