This guide describes how Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) operators can monitor their Pivotal Application Service (PAS) deployments. For information about monitoring Pivotal Container Service (PKS) deployments, see Logging and Monitoring PKS.
For more information about logging and metrics in PCF, see Overview of Logging and Metrics.
This guide includes the following topics:
- Key Performance Indicators: A list of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that operators may want to monitor with their PAS deployment to help ensure it is in a good operational state.
- Key Capacity Scaling Indicators: A list of capacity scaling indicators that operators may want to monitor to determine when they need to scale their PAS deployments.
- Selecting and Configuring a Monitoring System: Guidance for setting up PAS with monitoring platforms to continuously monitor component metrics and trigger health alerts.
This table highlights new and changed KPIs in PAS v2.3.
Indicates the need to scale to ensure that Diego’s 6 GB disk-space requirement on given cell(s) is met.
For information about KPIs and metrics for PCF services, see the following topics:
- MySQL for PCF: Monitoring MySQL for PCF.
- Pivotal Cloud Cache: See Monitoring Pivotal Cloud Cache.
- Redis for PCF: Monitoring Redis for PCF.
- RabbitMQ for PCF (pre-provisioned): See Monitoring and KPIs for Pre-Provisioned RabbitMQ for PCF.
- RabbitMQ for PCF (on-demand): See Monitoring and KPIs for On-Demand RabbitMQ for PCF.