Updating Buildpack-Related Gems
Page last updated:
Warning: Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) v2.3 is no longer supported because it has reached the End of General Support (EOGS) phase as defined by the Support Lifecycle Policy. To stay up to date with the latest software and security updates, upgrade to a supported version.
buildpack-packager packages buildpacks and
machete provides an integration test framework.
The CF Buildpacks team uses the gems-and-extensions pipeline to:
- Run the integration tests for
- Update the gems in the buildpacks managed by the team
Running the Update Process
Note: The steps below assume you are using a Concourse deployment of the
At the end of the process, there will be a new GitHub release and updates will be applied to the buildpacks.
To update the version of either gem in a buildpack:
- Confirm that the test job
<gemname>-specsfor the gem to be updated successfully ran on the commit you plan to update.
- Manually trigger the
<gemname>-tagjob to update (“bump”) the version of the gem.
<gemname>-releasejob will trigger. This will create a new GitHub release of the gem.
- Each of the buildpack pipelines (e.g. the go-buildpack pipeline) has a job which watches for new releases of the gem. When a new release is detected, the buildpack’s
cf.Gemfileis updated to that release version.
- The commit made to the buildpack’s
cf.Gemfiletriggers the full integration test suite for that buildpack.
Note: The final step will trigger all buildpack test suites simultaneously, causing contention for available shared BOSH-lite test environments.