Understanding the Ops Manager Interface
Page last updated:
This topic describes key features of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Operations Manager interface.
A— Displays a list of products you have imported that are ready for installation.
- Click the Import a Product link to add a new product to Ops Manager.
- If an upgrade is available, an active Upgrade button appears when you hover over the name of the product. If you are using the Pivotal Network API, the latest version of an existing product appears automatically.
- Click Delete All Unused Products to delete any unused products.
B—Installation Dashboard: Displays a product tile for each installed product.
C—User account menu: Use this menu to navigate to your Settings page, view My Account to change your email and password, or log out of the Installation Dashboard.
D—Settings: This menu option opens a page with several configuration panes. See the Settings Page section of this topic for details.
E—Pending Changes view: Displays queued products and updates that will install during the next deploy. Click on a product to expand its list of errands and change the errand run rules for the next deploy. For more information, see Managing Errands in Ops Manager.
F—Apply Changes button: Click the button to apply pending changes, as listed, to your deployment. Click Change Log to view the logs of past installation updates.
G—Orange bar: Indicates that additional configuration for the product tile is required before deployment. Click on the product tile to complete its configuration. In addition, the Apply Changes button is low lit to indicate that changes cannot be applied without additional product configuration.
H—Stemcell Library: Click the link to open the Stemcell Library. In the Stemcell Library you can import stemcells, stage stemcells, and review your stemcell version numbers. For more information, see Importing and Managing Stemcells.
Note: When an update depends on prerequisites, the prerequisites automatically install first.
Navigate to the Settings page by clicking on your user name located at the upper right corner of the screen and selecting Settings.
The following list describes each configuration pane:
Note: Modifying these settings does not require you to return to the Installation Dashboard and click Apply Changes. These settings apply to the Ops Manager VM. The BOSH Director does not apply them to your PCF deployment.
Decryption Passphrase: Reset your decryption passphrase.
Authentication Method: You can switch Identity Providers by entering your Decryption passphrase, Saml idp metadata, and optionally, your BOSH IdP metadata. For more information about setting up your Identity Provider, view the following instructions for your configuration:
External API Access: Enter your Pivotal Network API token to connect your Installation Dashboard to the Pivotal Network.
Change Authentication Method to SAML: To change your Identity Provider (IdP) to SAML, configure the following fields:
- Current Decryption Passphrase: Enter your decryption passphrase.
- SAML IDP Metadata: Enter the full URL or XML SAML IdP metadata.
- (Optional) BOSH IDP Metadata: Enter the full URL or XML BOSH IdP metadata. If left blank, the default is the same metadata as the field above.
- SAML Admin Group: Enter the name of the SAML group that contains all of the Ops Manager administrators.
- Groups Attribute: Enter the groups attribute tag name with which you configured the SAML server.
- Provision an admin client in the Bosh UAA: Enable if you want to provision an admin client in the BOSH UAA. For more information, see Provision Admin Client in the Creating UAA Clients for BOSH Director topic.
Proxy Settings: If you are using a proxy to connect to Ops Manager, update your Proxy Settings by providing a HTTP proxy, HTTPS proxy, or No proxy.
Custom Banner: Create a custom text banner to communicate important messages to operators. For UI Banner, enter the text you want to be shown on each page of the Ops Manager UI. For SSH Banner, enter the text that appears when an operator shells into Operations Manager.
Export Installation Settings: Exports the current installation with all of its assets. When you export an installation, the exported file contains references to the base VM images, necessary packages, and configuration settings.
- Download activity data - Downloads a directory containing the config file for the installation, the deployment history, and version information.
- Download Root CA Cert - Use this to download the root CA certificate of your deployment as an alternative to curling the Ops Manager API.
- View diagnostic report - Displays various types of information about the configuration of your deployment.
- Delete this Installation
To change your email and password, navigate to the My Account page by clicking on your user name located at the upper right corner of the screen and selecting My Account.