Deploying on Azure
This topic discusses the Azure Light Stemcell. “Light” stemcells are metadata files used on a public IaaS that enable users to reference and deploy a stemcell without uploading it manually. The actual stemcell lives on the cloud storage service of the IaaS and the BOSH Director instantiates the VMs.
- In the OpsManager Installation Dashboard, select PCF Runtime for Windows.
- In the Settings tab, select Resource Config.
- Within the VM Type field, ensure that your Windows Diego Cell has a disk size of 128 GB or larger.
- Ensure that the Install HWC Buildpack Errand has a VM disk size of 128 GB or larger.
- Navigate to the Ops Manager Director of your chosen IaaS.
- Within the VM Type field, ensure the Ops Man compilation VM has an ephemeral disk of 128 GB or larger.
To Download the Azure Light Stemcell, select Azure Light Stemcell for Windows2012R2 from the Release Download Files section of the Stemcells for PCF (Windows) page.
To use the Azure light stemcell, you must first accept the corresponding license agreement and enable it for your non-trial Azure subscription through the Azure marketplace.
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com and log in.
- From the options on the left side of the page, click + New.
- In the Search the Marketplace field, search for BOSH Azure Windows Stemcell.
- Select BOSH Azure Windows Stemcell from your search results.
- A description of the BOSH Azure Windows Stemcell appears. Beneath the description, at the bottom of the page, click the blue banner that reads Want to deploy programmatically? Get started ➔.
- Under Choose the subscriptions, click Enable for each Azure subscription you want to use.
- Click Save.