Tanzu Telemetry for Ops Manager
This guide describes Tanzu Telemetry for Ops Manager, a tile that is included with Ops Manager v2.8 and above. The tile can be configured to share product usage and consumption data with VMware so that we can improve our products and services based on insights from real-world usage.
The tile is strictly opt-in and does not collect or send any data until it is configured.
Get your Telemetry API key from the VMware Tanzu contacts that you work with, or by emailing the Tanzu Telemetry team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upgrade to Ops Manager 2.8 or higher.
- Get your Telemetry API key from the VMware contacts that you work with, or by emailing the Tanzu Telemetry team at email@example.com.
- Configure and deploy the Tanzu Telemetry tile within Ops Manager, including:
- Telemetry Settings. For guidance, see the Configuration Reference section.
- VMware CEIP Opt-in. This indicates your intent to participate in the CEIP for this product.
To use Tanzu Telemetry for Ops Manager, you need the following:
- Version 2.8 or above of Ops Manager.
- A VMware-issued Telemetry API key.
- If you are running Tanzu Telemetry on a private network, you will need to enable outgoing internet access to allow traffic to
Data collected from your environments will be made available to the Tanzu teams that you work with and presented to you through PDF reports. We are iteratively building new ways for you to access your data in the future.
Customer Experience Improvement Program
This product participates in VMware’s Customer Experience Improvement Program (“CEIP”). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html. To join the CEIP for this product please install and accept the terms during installation. To leave the CEIP for this product, uninstall the product.
If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns about Tanzu Telemetry, contact the Tanzu Telemetry team at firstname.lastname@example.org.