Pivotal Cloud Foundry Healthwatch
This documentation describes Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Healthwatch.
PCF Healthwatch is a service for monitoring and alerting on the current health, performance, and capacity of PCF. To help operators understand the operational state of their PCF deployment, PCF Healthwatch:
- Stores, visualizes and alerts on metrics from core PCF components, including BOSH-reported VM metrics. The service covers the recommended Key Performance Indicators and Key Scaling Indicators for a given version of PCF.
- Executes health checks as continuous validation tests and creates super metrics. The service stores, displays, and forwards this data into the Loggregator Firehose for external consumption by existing customer solutions. For more information, see PCF Healthwatch Metrics and Access Super Metrics Through the Firehose.
All data points are stored in PCF Healthwatch for 25 hours and then pruned.
The following table provides version and version-support information about PCF Healthwatch.
|Release date||August 14, 2018|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.1.x, v2.2.x, and v2.3.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Service version(s)||v2.1.x, v2.2.x, and v2.3.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Cloud Foundry Event Alerts version(s)||v1.2.x|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, GCP, and vSphere|
- PCF Healthwatch is intended to monitor only the PCF foundation it is installed on.
- PCF Healthwatch Architecture
- Installing and Configuring PCF Healthwatch
- Using PCF Healthwatch
- PCF Healthwatch Resources
- PCF Healthwatch Metrics
- Monitoring PCF Healthwatch
- Troubleshooting PCF Healthwatch
- Updating Alert Configurations
- Updating Free Chunk Memory Configurations
- Release Notes and Known Issues