Installing and Configuring Sumo Logic Nozzle for VMware Tanzu
This topic describes how to install and configure Sumo Logic Nozzle for VMware Tanzu.
Before you install the Sumo Logic Nozzle for VMware Tanzu tile:
- You must have a Sumo Logic account.
- You must configure VMware Tanzu as an HTTP Source in Sumo Logic.
Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Import a Product to upload the product file.
Under the Import a Product button, click + next to the version number of Sumo Logic Nozzle for VMware Tanzu. This adds the tile to your staging area.
Click the newly added Sumo Logic Nozzle for VMware Tanzu tile to access the configuration settings.
Assign AZs and Networks:
- Choose placement.
- Click Save.
Configure Sumo Logic Settings.
- Sumo Logic Endpoint: Click Add, then enter the endpoint that you configured when specifying VMware Tanzu as an HTTP Source for Sumo Logic. You can set up multiple endpoints with different settings (more below).
- Sumo Logic Post Minimum Delay: Enter a time in milliseconds for the post minimum delay. The default is 2000ms.
- (Optional) Sumo Logic Category: Specify a source category to call data with that specific metadata tag. For example,
- (Optional) Sumo Logic Name: Specify a source name locally to distinguish it from the configured HTTP Source configuration and prevent metadata overwrites if you have more than one use for that source (e.g.
- (Optional) Sumo Logic Host: If you have a local file source, you can specify a hostname. If you are using a Remote Host do not use this field.
- (Optional) Custom Metadata: Add custom metadata to the JSON. For example,
- (Optional) Include Only Matching Filter: Include only designated events.
- (Optional) Exclude Always Filter: Exclude specific events that are not pertinent to your search such as
- Click Save.
Configure Cloud Foundry Settings.
- Cloud Foundry API Endpoint: Enter your API endpoint.
- Cloud Foundry User: Specify your Cloud Foundry username.
- Cloud Foundry Password: Enter Cloud Foundry password.
- Log Events Batch Size: Choose how many messages need to occur before they are sent to Sumo Logic.
- Comma separated list of events you would like (Default is “LogMessage”): List any additional events (no spaces between events) that you want to be included, such as Error, Container Metric, HttpStart, HttpStop, HttpStartStop, LogMessage, ValueMetric, or CounterEvent.
- Skip SSL Validation: This option should only be checked if you are on a known and trusted dev environment and have expired certificates. Do not enable this option for a production system.
- Verbose in ‘LogMessage’ event: Enable this option if you need more detail than the default logging information,
Msg. This is what a log message looks like when you turn on verbose:
- Nozzle Polling Period: Set how frequently the Nozzle polls the Cloud Foundry Nozzle for data. Sumo Logic recommends 5000ms.
- Click Save.
Errands: Leave settings as default.
Resource Config: For both deploy-all and delete-all, use VM Type setting the Automatic Micro.
Stemcell: Ensure the proper stemcell is available.
Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard.
Click Apply Changes. The installation can take a few minutes to complete. You will see a message confirming your changes have been applied.