Managing the Message VPN
Developers can manage the Message VPN associated with a service instance by connecting to the VMR with the SolAdmin administration tool.
To retrieve the information required to connect to the VMR, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your deployment and choose the org and space where your Solace Messaging service instance and bound application exists.
$ cf login API endpoint: https://api.YOUR-SYSTEM-DOMAIN Email> firstname.lastname@example.org Password>
- View the
VCAP_SERVICESenvironment variable by retrieving the environment variables associated with your bound application:
$ cf env YOUR-APP
- Locate your Solace Messaging service instance in
VCAP_SERVICESand record the following fields:
managementUsername: The service instance’s management username
managementPassword: The service instance’s management password
managementHostnames: The VMR’s management hostnames
For more information about the
VCAP_SERVICESfields, see the Understanding Credentials topic.
managementHostnames are externally accessible FQDNs and can be used directly from within Soladmin. The procedure is as follows:
- Download and install the SolAdmin administration tool from the Solace Developers Portal Download Page.
- Start SolAdmin.
- Click Manage to open the Manage Appliance window.
- Under Management Host, enter the management hostname of the VMR recorded above.
- Under User Name and Password, enter the management username and password recorded above.
- Click Ok. The VMR should now appear in the Managed Appliances list.
- To learn how to use SolAdmin to manage your Message VPN, see the included context specific tool help within the SolAdmin tool itself.