SnappyData Service for PCF (PKS) (Beta)
WARNING! The SnappyData Service for PCF (PKS) integration is currently in beta and is intended for evaluation and test purposes only. Do not use this product in a PCF production environment.
This documentation describes SnappyData Service for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) (PKS).
SnappyData is a high performance in-memory data platform for mixed workload applications. Built on Apache Spark, SnappyData provides a unified programming model for streaming, transactions, machine learning and SQL Analytics in a single cluster. SnappyData unifies real-time data sources with external data sources that have a Spark connector.
SnappyData Service for PCF (PKS) enables developers to manage SnappyData on Pivotal Container Service (PKS) clusters, run queries, submit jobs for their applications and monitor the cluster on the SnappyData Pulse UI.
SnappyData fuses Apache Spark with an in-memory database to deliver a compute plus data engine that is capable of stream processing, transactions, interactive analytics, and prediction in a single cluster.
SnappyData Service for PCF (PKS) includes the following key features:
- High concurrency
- Low latency, true interactive speeds
- Native, in-memory indexes
- Data integrity through keys and constraints
- Mutability with support for transactions and snapshot isolation
- Shared in-memory state across Spark applications
- Engine for serving predictions
- Extended support for Kubernetes and fully certified for PKS
- HA through distributed consensus-based replication
- Support for semi-structured data: Nested data objects, Graph, and JSON data
- Framework for Change-data-capture and streaming ETL
- Built-in support for Notebook-based development (Zeppelin)
- Data prep web tool for self-service data cataloging and prep
- Enterprise grade security (Available only in the Enterprise version)
The following table provides version and version-support information about SnappyData Service for PCF (PKS).
Note: v1.0.3-hotfix.1 is the same as released version 188.8.131.52.
|Release date||February 22, 2019|
|SnappyData Component version(s)||184.108.40.206|
|Compatible Pivotal Container Service version(s)||1.2 and 1.3|
|IaaS support||AWS and GCP|
To install and use SnappyData Service for PCF (PKS), you require the following:
A running PKS v1.2+ cluster
kubectl, a CLI to interact with PKS
Helm, a package manager for applications running on PKS
If you have a feature request, questions, or information about a bug, please email to SnappyData Support list.
Contact our Support team to learn more about commercial licenses and support.