Installing and Configuring SignalFx Monitoring and Alerting for PCF
This topic describes how to install and configure SignalFx Monitoring and Alerting for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Import a Product to upload the product file.
Under the Import a Product button, click + next to the version number of SignalFx Monitoring and Alerting for PCF. This adds the tile to your staging area.
Click the newly added SignalFx Monitoring and Alerting for PCF tile.
In the SignalFx section, enter your SignalFx access token. Leave the SignalFx ingestion URL unchanged.
In the Pivotal JMX Bridge section, copy configuration values from the JMX Bridge tile.
- To find the JMX IP Address, select the JMX Bridge tile in PCF Ops Manager and choose the Status tab. Copy the IP address from the job called JMX Provider.
- To find JMX username, JMX password, and (if applicable) JMX SSL certificate, select the JMX Bridge tile in PCF Ops Manager and choose the Settings tab. Select the JMX Provider section, then copy over the JMX credentials and SSL certificate.
Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Apply Changes to install the SignalFx Monitoring and Alerting for PCF tile.
Metrics from Pivotal Cloud Foundry will begin streaming into SignalFx.
If metrics from Pivotal Cloud Foundry don’t appear in SignalFx after more than a few minutes, check the following:
- Verify that the values in the Pivotal JMX Bridge settings section of the SignalFx tile match the settings of the JMX Bridge tile.
- Check the logs of the deployed SignalFx Agent for errors, such as connection issues to the JMX Bridge, SSL certificate errors with the JMX Bridge, or errors reporting metrics to SignalFx.
- Ensure that the app called signalfx-agent is running.
- Log into Pivotal Apps Manager.
- Inside the space signalfx-agent-space there will be an app named signalfx-agent.
- Ensure that signalfx-agent is in the “running” state.