Redise Pack Service Broker for PCF
This documentation describes the Redise Pack (RP) Service Broker for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). The RP Service Broker registers a service broker on PCF and exposes its service plans on the Marketplace. Developers can provision Redis databases by creating instances of the service plans using Apps Manager or the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI).
WARNING: Redise Pack Service Broker for PCF v2.0.0 Beta is not intended for production use. For production use, Redis Labs recommends Redise Pack Service Broker for PCF v1.6.5.
Redise Pack is an enterprise-grade cluster that acts as a container for managing and running multiple Redis databases in a highly available and scalable manner.
The Redise Pack Service Broker exposes four service plans on the Marketplace. The service plans correspond to the following preconfigured database plans:
- Simple Redis database: a single master shard.
- Highly-available Redis database: master/slave shards or master/multi-slave shards.
- Redis clustered database: multiple master shards.
- Highly-available Redis clustered database: multiple master shards each with its own slave shard, or multiple master/multi-slave shards.
For more information, see the Redise Pack documentation.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Redise Pack Service Broker for PCF.
|Release date||September 18, 2017|
|Software component version||Redise Pack v5.0.0 Beta|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v1.10|
|Compatible Elastic Runtime version(s)||v1.10|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, and vSphere|
To use the Redise Pack Service Broker, you must have a RP cluster already deployed. To do this, see Installing and Configuring the Redise Pack Service Broker for more information.
Redise Pack Service Broker for PCF requires a valid license from Redis Labs for the Redise Pack cluster.
At this time, Redise Pack Service for PCF is limited to one cluster per deployment.
Redise Pack Service Broker for PCF v2.0.0 is based on Redise Pack v5.0 beta. Redise Pack v5.0 has five new, top features:
- Geo-distributed, active-active Redis apps with conflict-free replicated databases (CRDBs)
- Fast search and query in Redis with in-memory indexing
- Native JSON processing in Redis
- Integrated administrative account management with LDAP
- Integrated support for Redis Cluster API
In addition to these top features, Redis Enterprise Pack 5.0 also brings additional modules for indexing with bloom filters and many other improvements in core performance, scale, and high availability of general Redis apps.
For this release, the tile version has been updated to match the version number of Redise Pack itself.
For those interested in using Redise Pack please go to Redis Labs. You are welcome to use Redise Pack under the trial license limitations. To obtain a production license and support, contact a Redis Labs sales representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.