Redis Enterprise for PCF Release Notes
These are release notes for Redis Enterprise for PCF.
Release Date: June 21, 2018
- PCF 2.1 Support
- Backup to FTP / S3
- Tile based on Redis-Enterprise 5.2
- For more details please refer to Redis Enterprise Release Notes.
Release Date: April 30, 2018
- Stemcell 3541.5 support
- Operability between DNS sub-systems.
Release Date: March 5, 2018
- PCF 2.0.x Support
- Added Smoke-test errand
- Tile based on Redis-Enterprise 5.0.1-30
- Stemcell 3541.5 support
- Using new Tile generator v11
- Using final BOSH releases in Tile
- Offline install capability
- Issue related to default Syslog integration option
Release Date: February 5, 2018
- Built and tested new tile with PCF 1.12.12 (ERT and Ops Manager)
- Updated Redislabs enterprise cluster version to 5.0.1-17
- Upgrade support in Redis Enterprise tile
- Syslog integration
Release Date: January 21, 2018
Geo-Distributed Active-Active Conflict-free Replicated Databases (CRDB) Across Multiple PCF Foundations Developing globally distributed applications can be challenging. Developers have to think about race conditions and complex combinations of events under geo-failovers and cross-region write conflicts. CRDBs simplify developing such applications by directly using built-in smarts for handling conflicting writes based on the data type in use. Instead of depending on just simplistic “last-writer-wins” type conflict resolution, geo-distributed CRDBs combines techniques defined in CRDT (conflict-free replicated data types) research with Redis types to provide smart and automatic conflict resolution based on the data type’s intent. This also includes support for TCP Routers.
For information, see Developing with CRDBs.
- PCF CRDB Integration using PCF TCP Router 16720, 16721
- CRDB Support without DNS (doc item #6) and 16711
- Tile uses PCF system domain to deploy tile 16045
Release Date: December 6, 2017
Support for Redis Cluster API
The Redis Cluster API support in Redis Enterprise provides a simple mechanism for Cluster-enabled Redis clients to learn and know the cluster topology. This enables clients to connect directly to an RP proxy on the node hosting the master shard for the data being operated on. As a result, all but the initial call to get the cluster topology or reacquire the location of the master shard, and the client will connect to the RP endpoint proxy where the master shard is located. Learn more about the Cluster API implementation.
Redis Modules enable you to extend the functionality of Redis Enterprise Pack. You can add new data types, capabilities, and more to tailor the cluster to a specific use case or need. Once installed, modules benefit from the high performance, scalability, and high availability that Redis Enterprise is known for.
Redis Labs’ Modules
There are three modules Redis Labs has developed and certified with Redis Enterprise Pack. The modules are:
- RediSearch - This module turns Redis Enterprise into a supercharged distributed in-memory full-text indexing and search beast.
- ReJSON - Now you have the convenience of JSON as a built-in data type and can address nested data via a path easily.
- ReBloom - Enables Redis Enterprise to have a scalable bloom filter as a data type. Bloom filters are probabilistic data structures that quickly determine if something is contained within a set.
LDAP Integration As part of our continued emphasis on security, administrative user accounts in Redis Enterprise can now either use built-in authentication or authenticate externally via LDAP with saslauthd. The accounts can be used for administering resources on the cluster via command line, Rest API, or Web UI.
For more information see LDAP Integration.
Additional Capabilities Support for additional Redis commands and features:
- Support for Redis version 4.0.2
- In the node bootstrap API, the structure of the JSON has changed for adding an external IP during the bootstrap process.
Release Date: December 1, 2017
Beta version of this tile with Support for Redis version 4.0.2.
Release Date: June 15, 2017
Initial release of this tile.