PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform
This documentation describes PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform. PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform enables developers to integrate their Pivotal Platform apps with PagerDuty’s incident management platform.
PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform registers a service broker with Pivotal Platform and exposes its service plans on the Marketplace. Developers can then create service plan instances using Apps Manager or the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI) and bind them to their apps. This integration enables provisioning for PagerDuty teams, users, services, and escalation policies.
PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform includes the following key features:
- The ability to manage PagerDuty teams, users, services, and escalation policies.
- PagerDuty Team Provisioning - Provisions a PagerDuty team based on the Pivotal Org and Space name of the Pivotal service or App that is being bound to
- PagerDuty User Provisioning
- Multiple Pivotal users can be uploaded during the binding process (via JSON file)
- Pivotal Users can also be automatically created based on the Pivotal Org Space’s team members
- PagerDuty Service Provisioning - Users automatically have a service created to enable easy connectivity to any monitoring tools
- PagerDuty Escalation Policy Provisioning - users automatically have an Escalation Policy that has a simple escalation process based on the Pivotal users provisioned during the User and Team provisioning step
The following table provides version and version-support information about PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform.
|Release date||July 4, 2019|
|Software component version||PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform v1.2.4|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x, and v2.5.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Service version(s)||v2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x, and v2.5.x|
|BOSH stemcell version||Ubuntu Xenial|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure|
WARNING: PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform v1.1.2 and earlier require a Ubuntu Trusty stemcell. The end-of-life date for Ubuntu Trusty is April 2019. If a security vulnerability is found on this stemcell after April, it will not be fixed.
PagerDuty Service Broker for Pivotal Platform has the following requirements:
- A PagerDuty account. You can sign up for a free trial.
- Go buildpack v1.7.16 or later.
Please provide any bugs, feature requests, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.