Hazelcast for Pivotal Cloud Foundry
This documentation describes how to install, configure, and use Hazelcast for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). Hazelcast for PCF registers a service broker on PCF and exposes its service plans on the Marketplace. Developers can provision Hazelcast clusters by creating instances of the service plans using the Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (cf CLI).
Hazelcast for PCF uses an on-demand services SDK, which is a part of Pivotal Cloud Services SDK, to fully utilize BOSH-2.0 features and let you provision instances more flexibly.
Features of Hazelcast for PCF include the following:
- Based on Hazelcast Enterprise, the leading in-memory data grid (IMDG)
- The ability to dynamically pass your Hazelcast configuration in JSON format when creating services
- An on-demand service broker that dynamically creates and scales Hazelcast clusters without pre-provisioning blocks of VMs
- Hazelcast for PCF details:
- Version: v126.96.36.199
- Release date: March 8, 2017
- Software component version: v3.8
- Compatible Ops Manager version(s): v1.8.x
- Compatible Elastic Runtime version(s): v.1.8.x
- vSphere support? Yes
- AWS support? Yes
- IPSec support? Yes
If you change
managementCenterConfig in your JSON configuration file, then all VMs are shutdown at the same time. This means that you lose all the cluster data unless you are persisting that data elsewhere.