ForgeRock Service Broker for Pivotal Cloud Foundry
This documentation describes the ForgeRock Service Broker for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). The ForgeRock Service Broker for PCF enables applications deployed to PCF to access OAuth 2.0 features provided by the ForgeRock Identity Platform.
The ForgeRock Service Broker for PCF enables applications to integrate with the ForgeRock Identity Platform, which has the following features:
- Obtain OAuth 2.0 access tokens using the client credentials grant type
- Validate OAuth 2.0 access tokens or OpenID Connect ID tokens passed to your application
The ForgeRock Service Broker for PCF requires an instance of OpenAM v13.0 or later that is accessible from the PCF environment.
For information on installation and usage of the ForgeRock Service Broker, see the ForgeRock Service Broker Guide.
The ForgeRock Service Broker automates the process of creating OAuth 2.0
client profiles, and requires a set of credentials with privileges for
adding and removing OAuth 2.0 clients. The recommended approach is to
create a new user in OpenAM, add the user to a new group, and give that
AgentAdmin privilege, allowing members to create and remove
OAuth 2.0 clients.
For information on creating a user and delegating privileges, see To Prepare OpenAM for ForgeRock Service Broker Installation in the ForgeRock Service Broker Guide.
- ForgeRock Service Broker for Pivotal Cloud Foundry Details:
- Version: v1.0.12
- Release Date: November 15, 2016
- Software component version: ForgeRock Service Broker v1.0.12
- Compatible Ops Manager Version(s): v1.8.x
- Compatible Elastic Runtime Version(s): v1.8.x
- vSphere support? Yes
- OpenStack support? Yes
- AWS support? Yes
For information on new features, fixes, changes, known issues, and limitations, see the ForgeRock Service Broker Release Notes.
ForgeRock provides support services, professional services, classes through ForgeRock University, and partner services to assist you in setting up and maintaining your deployments. For a general overview of these services, see ForgeRock Services.
ForgeRock has staff members around the globe who support our international customers and partners. If you have any questions, contact ForgeRock using the address or telephone number nearest to you.
Visit the Community resource center where you can find information about each project, download nightly builds, browse the resource catalog, ask and answer questions on the forums, find community events near you, and obtain source code.
If you have found issues or reproducible bugs within the ForgeRock Service Broker for PCF, report them at the ForgeRock website.
When requesting help with a problem, include the following information:
- Description of the problem, including when the problem occurs and its impact on your operation
- Description of the environment, including the following information:
- Machine type
- Operating system and version
- Web server or container and version
- Java version
- ForgeRock Identity Platform versions
- Any patches or other software that might be affecting the problem
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Any relevant access and error logs, stack traces, or core dumps