Installing and Configuring ECS Service Broker for PCF
This topic describes how to install and configure ECS Service Broker for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Import a Product to upload the product file.
Under the Import a Product button, click + next to the version number of ECS Service Broker for PCF. This adds the tile to your staging area.
Click the newly added ECS Service Broker for PCF tile.
- Click Service Broker Application.
- For Service Broker Application Name, enter the name the broker should run as, when running as a Cloud Foundry application.
- For Service Broker Application version, enter the version of the service broker app.
(Final app name will include an app version like
- For Service Broker Application URI, enter the URI for the service broker app (on push to CF). This will be the route created by PCF when deployed.
- For Open up Security Groups, check to open up security group on CF for service broker to access other apps or CF Cloud Controller.
- For Enable Global access to all Services and Plans, check to open up access to all service plans across all orgs and spaces.
- Click Save.
- Click Dell EMC ECS Connectivity.
- For ECS Management Endpoint, enter the URI/endpoint for the ECS HTTPS management API.
- For Replication Group, enter the name of the ECS replication group to be used for created buckets.
- For Namespace, enter the name of the ECS namespace to be used for created buckets and users.
- For ECS Admin Username, enter the name of the ECS Management API user.
- For ECS Admin Password, enter the ECS Management API password.
- (Optional) For ECS Base URL, enter the name of the ECS configured base URL that should be used with bucket credentials. If no value is entered the broker will attempt to discover a default value.
- Choose whether or not the ECS system has a certificate installed, which is signed by an available trust authority. This may not be available for development environments, and is not the case for self-signed certificates.
- If the installed ECS certificate is not signed by a trust authority, complete the ECS Management Certificate field by entering the ECS certificate.
- To overload a value determined from the Base URL, or if not Base URL was provided, complete the ECS Object Endpoint field by entering the URI/endpoint for the ECS S3 API.
- Click Save.
- Click Service Broker Webservice Settings.
- For Service Broker API Version, enter the version of Cloud Foundry Service Broker API that the broker should respond, or choose “*” for all version.
- (Optional) For ECS Repository Prefix, enter a string used to prefix broker created buckets and users.
- (Optional) For Repository Endpoint, enter the URI/endpoint for the ECS S3 API that should be used for persisting broker metadata. Defaults to the object endpoint or base URL.
- (Optional) For Repository User, enter the name of the user that should be created/used for managing broker metadata.
- (Optional) For Repository Bucket, enter the name of the bucket that should be created/used for managing broker metadata.
- Click Save.
- Click Catalog Service 1.
- Review settings for catalog service and plans. These settings define the services available in the PCF marketplace. If any changes are made, click save to retain changes.
- Repeat review of remaining catalog services. Services 4 and 5 are both disabled by default, but available for customization.
- Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Apply Changes to install ECS Service Broker for PCF.