Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for Pivotal Platform
This documentation describes the Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for Pivotal Platform. The Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for Pivotal Platform enables operators to roll out Dynatrace OneAgent to both Pivotal Application Service (PAS) and Pivotal Container Service (PKS) clusters and installed tiles for monitoring the platform and deployed apps.
Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for Pivotal Platform enables monitoring of Pivotal Platform components like Pivotal Elastic Runtime/Pivotal Application Service (PAS), Pivotal Application Service for Windows/Pivotal Platform Runtime for Windows, Pivotal Container Service (PKS), and all applications deployed to Pivotal Platform (PAS and/or PKS). After the Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for Pivotal Platform is deployed to the platform, Dynatrace OneAgent automatically begins monitoring any deployed apps. Developers can use the Dynatrace web UI to get insights into the performance of their apps and microservices.
Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on includes the following key features:
- Monitoring of Pivotal Platform components
- Automatic monitoring of deployed apps across both PAS and PKS
- Automatic distributed tracing of microservices across both PAS and PKS
- Automatic discovery of deployment dependencies and communication behavior
- Automatic root-cause analysis and AI-based problem detection
The following table provides version and version-support information about Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for Pivotal Platform.
|Release date||April 25, 2019|
|Software component version||v1.2.1|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.6.x, v2.5.x, v2.4.x, v2.3.x, and v2.2.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Service version(s)||v2.6.x, v2.5.x, v2.4.x, v2.3.x, and v2.2.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Container Service version(s)||v1.4.x, 1.3.x, and 1.2.x|
Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on has the following requirements:
- A Dynatrace monitoring environment
- Pivotal Platform operator administration rights
- BOSH deployed through Ops Manager v2.2.x or later
- BOSH CLI v2
If you have a feature request, questions, or information about a bug, email Pivotal Platform Feedback.