Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for VMware Tanzu
This documentation describes the Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for VMware Tanzu. The Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for VMware Tanzu enables operators to roll out Dynatrace OneAgent to both Tanzu Application Service (TAS) and Pivotal Container Service (PKS) clusters and installed tiles for monitoring the platform and deployed apps.
Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for VMware Tanzu enables monitoring of VMware Tanzu components like Pivotal Elastic Runtime/Tanzu Application Service (TAS), Tanzu Application Service for Windows/VMware Tanzu Runtime for Windows, Pivotal Container Service (PKS), and all applications deployed to VMware Tanzu (TAS and/or PKS). After the Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for VMware Tanzu is deployed to the platform, Dynatrace OneAgent automatically begins monitoring any deployed apps. Developers can use the Dynatrace web UI to get insights into the performance of their apps and microservices.
Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on includes the following key features:
- Monitoring of VMware Tanzu components
- Automatic monitoring of deployed apps across both TAS and PKS
- Automatic distributed tracing of microservices across both TAS and PKS
- Automatic discovery of deployment dependencies and communication behavior
- Automatic root-cause analysis and AI-based problem detection
The following table provides version and version-support information about Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on for VMware Tanzu.
|Release date||April 25, 2019|
|Software component version||v1.2.1|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.6.x, v2.5.x, v2.4.x, v2.3.x, and v2.2.x|
|Compatible Tanzu Application Service version(s)||v2.6.x, v2.5.x, v2.4.x, v2.3.x, and v2.2.x|
|Compatible VMware PKS version(s)||v1.4.x, 1.3.x, and 1.2.x|
Dynatrace Full-Stack Add-on has the following requirements:
- A Dynatrace monitoring environment
- VMware Tanzu operator administration rights
- BOSH deployed through Ops Manager v2.2.x or later
- BOSH CLI v2
If you have a feature request, questions, or information about a bug, email VMware Tanzu Feedback.