Installing and Configuring Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for PCF
This topic describes how to install and configure Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Create an OMS workspace to send your PCF data to.
Log into the Azure portal.
Search the list of services in the Marketplace for Log Analytics, and then select Log Analytics.
Click Create, then enter or select choices for the following:
- OMS Workspace: Enter a name for your workspace.
- Subscription: If you have multiple subscriptions, choose the one you want to associate with the new workspace.
- Resource group
Click OK to create the workspace.
Find the newly-created workspace in the Azure portal, and then click OMS Portal > Settings > Connected Sources.
Record the Workspace ID and Primary Key values for the workspace.
Create a Cloud Foundry (CF) user account with access to the Firehose and Cloud Controller. The Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for PCF service uses this account to retrieve log data.
Install the User Account and Authentication command-line interface (
uaac), if you have not already:
$ gem install cf-uaac
Log into the CF Command-Line Interface (cf CLI) as user
$ cf login -a https://api.YOUR-SYSTEM-DOMAIN -u admin -p UAA-ADMIN-CREDENTIALS-SECRET
Target your system with the
$ uaac target https://uaa.YOUR-SYSTEM-DOMAIN
Authenticate and obtain an access token for the admin client from the User Account and Authentication (UAA) server:
$ uaac token client get admin -s UAA-ADMIN-CLIENT-CREDENTIALS-SECRET
Create a CF user account:
$ cf create-user FIREHOSE-USER FIREHOSE-USER-PASSWORD
Add the new user to the Cloud Controller Admin Read-Only group or Cloud Controller Admin group:
- For Elastic Runtime v1.9.x and later:
$ uaac member add cloud_controller.admin_read_only FIREHOSE-USER
- For Elastic Runtime v1.8.x:
$ uaac member add cloud_controller.admin FIREHOSE-USER
- For Elastic Runtime v1.9.x and later:
Add the new user to the Doppler Firehose group:
$ uaac member add doppler.firehose FIREHOSE-USER
Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Import a Product to upload the product file.
Under the Import a Product button, click + next to the version number of Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for PCF. This adds the tile to your staging area.
Click the newly-added Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for PCF tile.
In the Nozzle Config pane, fill in configuration options as follows:
- OMS Workspace ID: Enter the OMS workspace ID from the Create an OMS Workspace step.
- OMS Workspace Key: Enter the OMS workspace key from the Create an OMS Workspace step.
- OMS Post Timeout: Specify the HTTP post timeout for sending events to OMS Log Analytics. Default is 10s.
- OMS Batch Time: Specify the interval for posting a batch of messages to OMS Log Analytics. Default is 10s.
- Max Event Number Per Batch: Specify the maximum number of messages in a batch. Default is 1000.
- Firehose Username: Enter the name of the user that you created in the Create a CF User Account step.
- Firehose User Password: Enter the password of the user that you created in the Create a CF User Account step.
- Cloud Foundry API Address: Enter the API URL of the PCF environment. e.g.
- Cloud Foundry Doppler Address: Enter the URL of the Loggregator Traffic Controller. e.g.
- Cloud Foundry Environment: Enter the label to identify logs and metrics from different PCF environments.
- Skip SSL Validation: Enable this option only if you are on a known and trusted dev environment and have expired certificates. Do not enable this option for a production system.
- Event Types to be Filtered out: A comma-separated list of the event types to be filtered out. Valid event types include
- Idle Timeout: Specify the keep-alive duration for the Firehose consumer. Default is 60s.
- Log Event Count: Enable this option to log the total count of events that the nozzle receives, sends and loses, to OMS Log Analytics as
- Log Event Count Interval: The time interval for logging event count to OMS Log Analytics. Default is 60s.
- Log Level: Logging level of the nozzle. Options are
Error. Default is
In the Errands pane, leave the default settings.
In the Resource Config pane, leave the default settings.
In the Stemcell pane, ensure that the proper stemcell is specified.
Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Apply Changes to install Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for PCF tile.
We have provided a default solution for Cloud Foundry including default views, alerts and saved searches. You can simply import the solution rather than building them yourself.
Check templates here and click
Deploy to Azure to deploy the solution to your OMS portal.