Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for Pivotal Platform
This document describes the Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for Pivotal Platform.
Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) is Microsoft’s cloud-based IT management solution that helps you manage and protect your on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
Azure Log Analytics is a service in OMS that helps you collect and analyze data generated by resources in your cloud and on-premises environments. This document refers to the Azure Log Analytics service in OMS as OMS Log Analytics.
The Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for Pivotal Platform receives logs and metrics from the Loggregator Firehose, filters and resolves the events, and then pushes the events to OMS Log Analytics via the HTTPS Data Collector API.
Pivotal Platform developers and operators can then view and analyze their application logs and health metrics through the OMS portal or the Azure portal.
Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for Pivotal Platform includes the following key features:
- Consumes all data from Loggregator Firehose, including logs from apps hosted on Pivotal Platform and metrics data from Cloud Foundry (CF) components
- Organizes, filters, and transfers data to OMS Log Analytics for deep analysis
- Integrates with OMS Log Analytics, including default view dashboards and alert rules, to monitor the health and workload of your Pivotal Platform deployment
- Adds logging to track the status of the nozzle itself, for example slow consumer alerts, received, sent, and lost events
- Has automatic configuration defaults
Pivotal Platform operators can install the OMS agent for BOSH to supply additional system data to OMS Log Analytics, including Cloud Controller and User Account and Authentication (UAA) server security event logs, and VM-level syslogs and metrics from all components.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for Pivotal Platform.
|Release date||August 30, 2019|
|Software component version||v1.4.0|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.3.x, v2.4.x, v2.5.x, v2.6.x, and v2.7.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Services (PAS) version(s)||v2.3.x, v2.4.x, v2.5.x, v2.6.x, and v2.7.x|
|BOSH stemcell version||Ubuntu Xenial|
|IaaS support||Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenStack, and vSphere|
Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for Pivotal Platform has the following installation requirements:
- Admin access to a running Pivotal Platform installation.
- The Cloud Foundry Command-Line Interface.
- An Azure OMS Workspace.
Apache License Version 2.0