Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for VMware Tanzu
This document describes the Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for VMware Tanzu.
Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) is Microsoft’s cloud-based IT management solution that helps you manage and protect your on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
Azure Log Analytics is a service in OMS that helps you collect and analyze data generated by resources in your cloud and on-premises environments. This document refers to the Azure Log Analytics service in OMS as OMS Log Analytics.
The Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for VMware Tanzu receives logs and metrics from the Loggregator Firehose, filters and resolves the events, and then pushes the events to OMS Log Analytics via the HTTPS Data Collector API.
VMware Tanzu developers and operators can then view and analyze their application logs and health metrics through the OMS portal or the Azure portal.
Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for VMware Tanzu includes the following key features:
- Consumes all data from Loggregator Firehose, including logs from apps hosted on VMware Tanzu and metrics data from Cloud Foundry (CF) components
- Organizes, filters, and transfers data to OMS Log Analytics for deep analysis
- Integrates with OMS Log Analytics, including default view dashboards and alert rules, to monitor the health and workload of your VMware Tanzu deployment
- Adds logging to track the status of the nozzle itself, for example slow consumer alerts, received, sent, and lost events
- Has automatic configuration defaults
VMware Tanzu operators can install the OMS agent for BOSH to supply additional system data to OMS Log Analytics, including Cloud Controller and User Account and Authentication (UAA) server security event logs, and VM-level syslogs and metrics from all components.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for VMware Tanzu.
|Release date||August 30, 2019|
|Software component version||v1.4.0|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.3.x, v2.4.x, v2.5.x, v2.6.x, and v2.7.x|
|Compatible VMware Tanzu Application Service for VMss (TAS for VMs) version(s)||v2.3.x, v2.4.x, v2.5.x, v2.6.x, and v2.7.x|
|BOSH stemcell version||Ubuntu Xenial|
|IaaS support||Azure, AWS, GCP, OpenStack, and vSphere|
Microsoft Azure Log Analytics Nozzle for VMware Tanzu has the following installation requirements:
- Admin access to a running VMware Tanzu installation.
- The Cloud Foundry Command-Line Interface.
- An Azure OMS Workspace.
Apache License Version 2.0