Aqua Security for VMware Tanzu
This topic describes the Aqua Cloud Native Security Platform for VMware Tanzu.
Aqua Cloud Native Security Platform (CSP) enables enterprises to secure their applications from development through production, accelerating application deployment and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security. Aqua CSP provides full visibility into application instance activity, allowing organizations to detect and prevent suspicious activity and attacks in real time. Aqua CSP provides transparent, automated security while helping enforce policies and simplify regulatory compliance.
With Aqua Security for VMware Tanzu, you can benefit from these capabilities:
- Automatically scan applications using the Aqua Decorator buildpack. Applications are scanned for known vulnerabilities, sensitive data, and malware, based on data from multiple resource feeds (public CVEs, vendor-issued, and proprietary vulnerability data streams). Scanning supports multiple languages, including Java, C++, Python, Ruby, and NodeJS, as well as static binaries.
- Determine application compliance with corporate security (GRC) policies
- Define and use an assurance policy to block unauthorized applications, such as those that contain high-severity vulnerabilities, hard-coded secrets, or malware
- Add custom compliance check scripts
- View actionable information on how to mitigate detected vulnerabilities
- Gain visibility into application vulnerabilities directly from CI tools (e.g., Concourse, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Microsoft VSTS, etc.)
- Secure applications during runtime: block risky applications from running, prevent running applications from performing specified activities, and impose network firewall policies
Diego cells * Automatically scan Diego cells hosts. Diego cells are scanned for known vulnerabilities, sensitive data, and malware, based on data from multiple resource feeds (public CVEs, vendor-issued, and proprietary vulnerability data streams). * Determine Diego cell compliance with corporate security (GRC) policies and CIS Benchmarks * Monitor user activity inside Diego cells
The following table provides version and version-support information about Aqua Security.
|Release date (GA)||September 30, 2021|
|Software component version||v6.2.21265|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.8.x, v2.9.x, v2.10.x|
|Compatible Tanzu Application Service version(s)||v2.8.x, v2.9.x, v2.10.x, v2.11.x|
|BOSH stemcell version||Ubuntu Xenial|
|IaaS support||All platforms|
Aqua Security for VMware Tanzu has the following requirements:
- A purchased or thirty-day trial license provided by Aqua Security. You can request a trial license here or by emailing Aqua Security Sales.
For help with troubleshooting this product, contact Aqua Security Support.