Altoros Log Search for Pivotal Platform
Altoros Log Search for Pivotal Platform is a flexible combination of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) that provides log aggregation and parsing algorithms for Pivotal Platform operators and developers. The solution provides shared and on-demand service plans. Pivotal Platform operators can create a Log Search cluster, where access will be shared within a group of developers. With on-demand service plan, developers get the possibility to create Log Search cluster and bind it to some applications, which should be monitored.
The Altoros Log Search for Pivotal Platform provides role-based access to system and application logs. Out-the-box, users get:
- Retrieving and parsing of logs received from Pivotal Platform
- Secure authorized access to these logs in Kibana
- Useful dashboards and search queries to start log analysis
- Shared and on-demand service plans
Altoros Log Search for Pivotal Platform includes the following key features:
- Pivotal Platform logs: Collecting logs from all Pivotal Platform components
- Services logs: Provides the ability to collect logs from all Pivotal Platform Data Services available on Pivotal Network
- Application logs: Log Search is configured to get all application logs by default
- SSO and multi-tenancy: Uses the Cloud Foundry UAA service to control access to Kibana dashboards based on user role and rights within the platform. Multi-tenancy is implemented according to the roles defined by Cloud Foundry UAA.
- Dashboards and visualization: Provides out-of-the-box Dashboards for application and Pivotal Platform platform logs
- Automated back-ups: Users can setup automated backups and the archiving of logs to any S3-compatible storage system
The following table provides version and version-support information about Altoros Log Search for Pivotal Platform.
|Release date||Septemner 20, 2019|
|Software component version||Elasticsearch v6.8.1, Logstash v6.8.1, and Kibana v6.8.1|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x, v2.5.x and v2.6.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Services (PAS) version(s)||v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x, v2.5.x and v2.6.x|
|BOSH stemcell version||Ubuntu Xenial|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP, and vSphere|
To complete installation of Altoros Log Search for Pivotal Platform, you need the following:
- CPU, RAM, and disk resources for 11 VMs for shared service plan
- CPU, RAM, and disk resources for 12 VMs for on-demand service plan
- Internet connectivity between the networks where the Pivotal Platform deployment and Log Search are installed. Altoros recommends installing Log Search on the same network with Pivotal Platform.
Altoros Log Search for Pivotal Platform has the following requirements:
- Pivotal Application Services v2.1.x, v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x, v2.5.x, v2.6.x
- Ops Manager v2.1.x, v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x
See the following Elastic documentation about each component of the ELK stack:
Users interested in Log Search can sign up for a free trial.