Altoros Log Search for PCF
Altoros Log Search for PCF is a flexible combination of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) that provides log aggregation and parsing algorithms for PCF operators and developers. The solution provides shared and on-demand service plans. PCF operators can create a Log Search cluster, where access will be shared within a group of developers. With on-demand service plan, developers get the possibility to create Log Search cluster and bind it to some applications, which should be monitored.
The Altoros Log Search for PCF provides role-based access to system and application logs. Out-the-box, users get:
- Retrieving and parsing of logs received from PCF
- Secure authorized access to these logs in Kibana
- Useful dashboards and search queries to start log analysis
- Shared and on-demand service plans
Altoros Log Search for PCF includes the following key features:
- PCF logs: Collecting logs from all PCF components
- Services logs: Provides the ability to collect logs from all PCF Data Services available on Pivotal Network
- Application logs: Log Search is configured to get all application logs by default
- SSO and multi-tenancy: Uses the Cloud Foundry UAA service to control access to Kibana dashboards based on user role and rights within the platform. Multi-tenancy is implemented according to the roles defined by Cloud Foundry UAA.
- Dashboards and visualization: Provides out-of-the-box Dashboards for application and PCF platform logs
- Automated back-ups: Users can setup automated backups and the archiving of logs to any S3-compatible storage system
The following table provides version and version-support information about Altoros Log Search for PCF.
|Release date||April 22, 2019|
|Software component version||Elasticsearch v6.4.3, Logstash v6.4.3, and Kibana v6.4.3|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x, and v2.5.x|
|Compatible Pivotal Application Services (PAS) version(s)||v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x, and v2.5.x|
|BOSH stemcell version||Ubuntu Xenial|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP, and vSphere|
WARNING: Altoros Log Search for PCF v1.1.4 and earlier require a Ubuntu Trusty stemcell. The end-of-life date for Ubuntu Trusty is April 2019. If a security vulnerability is found on this stemcell after April, it will not be fixed.
To complete installation of Altoros Log Search for PCF, you need the following:
- CPU, RAM, and disk resources for 11 VMs for shared service plan
- CPU, RAM, and disk resources for 12 VMs for on-demand service plan
- Internet connectivity between the networks where the PCF deployment and Log Search are installed. Altoros recommends installing Log Search on the same network with PCF.
Altoros Log Search for PCF has the following requirements:
- Pivotal Application Services v2.1.x, v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x
- Ops Manager v2.1.x, v2.2.x, v2.3.x, v2.4.x
See the following Elastic documentation about each component of the ELK stack:
Users interested in Log Search can sign up for a free trial.