Altoros Elasticsearch for VMware Tanzu
This is documentation for the Altoros Elasticsearch for VMware Tanzu service tile.
Elasticsearch is a real-time distributed RESTful search and analytics engine built for the cloud. It allows users to explore their data in a very rapid and highly scalable mode. Altoros Elasticsearch for VMware Tanzu is a fully managed service for VMware Tanzu. The tile deploys an Elasticsearch cluster that can be shared among multiple users. This approach ensures lean and effective utilization of resources, and provides:
A distributed real-time document store where every field is indexed and searchable
A distributed search engine with real-time analytics, capable of scaling to hundreds of servers and petabytes of structured and unstructured data
Altoros Elasticsearch for VMware Tanzu includes the following key features:
- The possibility to use the Elasticsearch service in a multitenant mode
- Data storage in a distributed Elasticsearch cluster
- Fully-automated deployment and provisioning of an Elasticsearch installation
- Backup/Restore functionality for Amazon S3 and S3-compatible storage(e.x. Minio). Backup scripts to make full or partial indices snapshots,restore scripts also support full or partial options.
The following table provides version and version-support information about Altoros Elasticsearch for VMware Tanzu.
|Release date||May 20th, 2020|
|Software component version||v1.1.2|
|Compatible Ops Manager version(s)||v2.5.x, v2.6.x, v2.7.x, v2.8.x, v2.9.x|
|Compatible Tanzu Application Service (PAS) version(s)||v2.5.x, v2.6.x, v2.7.x, v2.8.x, v2.9.x|
|BOSH stemcell version||Ubuntu Xenial 621|
|IaaS support||AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, and vSphere|
Altoros Elasticsearch for VMware Tanzu has the following requirements:
- PAS v2.5.x, v2.6.x , v2.7.x, v2.8.x, v2.9.x