Installing and Configuring Altoros Cassandra for Pivotal Platform
This topic describes how to install and configure Altoros Cassandra for Pivotal Platform.
To complete this procedure, you need:
- An Amazon S3 bucket for Apache Cassandra backups
- AWS API credentials to read/write files to the Amazon S3 bucket
Complete the following steps to download, install, and configure the Altoros Cassandra for Pivotal Platform tile.
Download the product file from Pivotal Network.
Navigate to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Import a Product to upload the product file.
Under the Import a Product button, click + next to the version number of Altoros Cassandra for Pivotal Platform. This adds the tile to your staging area.
Click the newly added Altoros Cassandra for Pivotal Platform tile.
From the Settings tab, click Cassandra Snapshots Configuration.
Configure the fields as follows:
Field Instructions AWS Access Key Enter the access key for the Amazon S3 bucket for backups.
AWS Access Secret Enter the secret access key for the Amazon S3 bucket. Amazon S3 Bucket Name Enter the name of the Amazon S3 bucket. AWS S3 Region Select the region where the Amazon S3 bucket was created.
Configure On-Demand Service Broker settings: Currently, Cassandra On-Demand Service Broker supports only the Single Node service plan. This service plan deploys Altoros Cassandra for Pivotal Platform components on a single virtual machine. All settings for the Single Node service plan can be configured using the On-Demand Service Settings tab.
- AZs to deploy service instance node: This is the AZ in which to deploy the Cassandra instances from the Single Node plan. This must be one of the AZs of the service network (configured in the BOSH Director tile).
- VM type of a service instance node: Select a large VM type. The plan creates a service instance of this size.
- Persistent disk type of a service instance node: Select a disk size.
Return to the Ops Manager Installation Dashboard and click Apply Changes to install the Altoros Cassandra for Pivotal Platform tile.