Configuring a Single Sign-On Service Provider
Note: Pivotal Platform is now part of VMware Tanzu. In v1.12 and later, Pivotal Single Sign‑On is named Single Sign‑On for VMware Tanzu.
This topic describes how to add an external identity provider to your Single Sign‑On for VMware Tanzu service plan.
Set up SAML
Log in to the SSO Operator Dashboard at
https://p-identity.SYSTEM-DOMAINas a Plan Administrator.
Select your plan and choose Manage Identity Providers from the drop-down menu.
Click New Identity Provider.
To create a new identity provider, perform the following steps:
- Enter an identity provider name into Identity Provider Name.
- (Optional) Enter a description into Identity Provider Description.
- Click SAML File Metadata (optional), then click the Upload Identity Provider Metadata button to upload your metadata XML.
- (Optional) Under Advanced SAML Settings, click Attribute Mappings to enter the mappings.
Click Create Identity Provider.
Click Resource Permissions.
Click New Permissions Mapping and perform the following steps:
- Enter a Group Name.
- For Select Permissions, select the permissions that the members of the group from the external identity provider should have access to.
Navigate to the identity provider list.
Click Group Whitelist and enter the group names from the external identity provider to propagate in the ID token when a user authenticates.