Testing OIDC Integrations
Warning: Pivotal Single Sign-On v1.11 is no longer supported because it has reached the End of General Support (EOGS) phase as defined by the Support Lifecycle Policy. To stay up to date with the latest software and security updates, upgrade to a supported version.
This topic describes how a Pivotal Platform administrator can test the OpenID Connect (OIDC) connection between a Pivotal Single Sign‑On service plan acting as an Identity Provider (IDP), and another Single Sign‑On service plan acting as a Relying Party (RP).
Testing Your Single Sign‑On Connection
- Log in to Apps Manager at
- Navigate to the org and space where your app is located.
- Locate the service instance of the Single Sign‑On plan bound to your app.
- Select the service instance.
- Click Manage.
- In the Apps tab, click your app.
- Under Identity Providers, select the SSO Identity Plan Origin. Remove any other identity providers.
- Return to Apps Manager.
- Click the URL listed below your app to access the app.
- Log in to the app. You will be redirected to the IDP to authenticate.
- Sign in to the IDP.
- If necessary, authorize the necessary scopes to connect the IDP with your app. If you need to do this, the IDP will prompt you.
- After authorizing the scopes, you should be logged into the app.