Upgrading Pivotal Cloud Cache
Upgrade minor release versions from your currently deployed version to the target version in sequential order. For example, Pivotal Cloud Cache (PCC) v1.2 must be upgraded to PCC v1.3 prior to upgrading to PCC v1.4. Note that each PCC release is compatible with two Pivotal Application Service (PAS) and Ops Manager versions, as specified in the Product Snapshot. Incorporate those upgrades to PAS and Ops Manager in your upgrade process as required to maintain compatibility, as described in Upgrading Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
Follow the steps below to upgrade PCC:
- Download the new version of the tile from the Pivotal Network.
- Upload the product to Ops Manager.
- Click Add next to the uploaded product.
Click on the PCC tile and configure the upgrade options.
- To try the upgrade on a small number of service instances first, set the quantity of canary service instances as described in Service Instance Upgrades.
- Set the number of instances that are to be upgraded in parallel as described in Service Instance Upgrades.
- Under the Errands section, choose the Default (On) value for the Upgrade All Service Instances post-deploy errand. Save the change.
Click Review Pending Changes (see Reviewing Pending Product Changes).
Click Apply Changes.
The default upgrade path upgrades all service instances as a result of a tile upgrade. This operation can take a lengthy amount of time. To expedite upgrades, an operator can permit developers to upgrade their own service instances once the tile has been upgraded.
An operator enables individual service instance upgrades during tile installation. This feature requires PAS/Ops Manager 2.7 or a higher version and works for upgrading from PCC 1.9.0 to a higher version.
Within the PCC tile, in the Errands section, the default for the Upgrade All Service Instances errand, which upgrades all service instances, appears as:
To change the state of this errand such that individual service instance upgrades are enabled, choose Off for this errand:
Once individual service instance upgrades are enabled, the developer upgrades an individual service instance following the instructions in Upgrade a Single Service Instance.