Upgrading Pivotal Cloud Cache
Upgrade minor release versions from your currently deployed version to the target version in sequential order. For example, PCC v1.2 must be upgraded to PCC v1.3 prior to upgrading to PCC v1.4. Note that each PCC release is compatible with two Pivotal Application Service (PAS) and Ops Manager versions, as specified in the Product Snapshot. Incorporate those upgrades to PAS and Ops Manager in your upgrade process as required to maintain compatibility, as described in Upgrading Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
Note: There is no supported downgrade path to earlier versions of PCC or GemFire. Be sure to run your application with this upgrade first in a test environment before upgrading your production environment.
Follow the steps below to upgrade PCC:
- Download the new version of the tile from the Pivotal Network.
- Upload the product to Ops Manager.
- Click Add next to the uploaded product.
Click on the Cloud Cache tile and configure the upgrade options.
- To try the upgrade on a small number of service instances first, set the quantity of canary service instances as described in Service Instance Upgrades.
- Set the number of instances that are to be upgraded in parallel as described in Service Instance Upgrades.
- Make sure that under the Errands section, the Upgrade All Service Instances Post-Deploy Errand is Default (On). Save the change.
Click Review Pending Changes (see Reviewing Pending Product Changes).
Click Apply Changes.